Users Online Now: 1,285 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 74,271
Pageviews Today: 129,946Threads Today: 72Posts Today: 1,175
02:19 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Can someone living on in the Northeast U.S. go look at the moon please?! WAAAY too bright!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was just outside (approx. 8:30 p.m.) and was startled by a light being cast on my neighbors roof. I thought, what the hell is that bright light being reflected off his roof? Is there a helicopter? But I don't hear one. It's as bright as the lights at the top of a pole surrounding a high school football field illuminated at night!

Sure enough, I walked around my house and saw the moon, casting way more light than I can ever remember in my life.

Now, I do know it is a very clear night here in southern New England, and yes it is a full moon. But, if the skies were so clear, then wouldn't more stars be visible as well?

The moon is giving off a bluish light, sterile light as if from a 6500k daylight bulb.

It appears way too bright. I can not ever remember seeing a moon so bright.

full disclosure: I am completely sober and drug-free. Yes I have seen the video of the pot-head who claims the moon is a projection.

I don't know why the moon appears so bright, but I always thought the Harvest Moon was supposed to be the brightest full moon of the year.

Please go outside and tell me what you think!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP