Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What is Love?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message LOVE

What is Love? Some say it’s a chemical in the brain that makes you feel good, but is it really? I mean if you spank and discipline your child because they misbehave is it because it feels good? If a parent disciplines a child do they not do it out of Love? If Love is just a chemical of pleasure then why when a parent spanks a child is it usually Unpleasant to both the parent AND the child?

Of course when a couple has intercourse it’s often called “making love” but can’t you have intercourse without love or is the act always love? Some people have said they have died and come back and that everything was beautiful and they were surrounded by love and were happy but isn’t Love more than just a “feeling”? Can’t feelings lie to you? Which are more important, the pleasant feelings or the intent and purpose?

Most people have the wrong idea about Love itself. Love is NOT a “feeling”; Love is completely separate from the flesh and selflessly reaches out beyond the flesh from the spirit and holds on to and protects what is truly important…

Love is Spiritual (thoughts and ideas are also spiritual)
Love is Intent AND Purpose
Love makes selfless sacrifices
Love Teaches AND Reproves
Love Gives AND Provides
Love is Charity
Love is Truth
Love Saves
But watch out: [link to www.jesus-is-savior.com]

Want to know Love incarnate? Jesus Christ, the only Begotten Son of God IS LOVE incarnate and He performed the ultimate act of Love. He laid down his life and suffered and died for us all (he could have saved himself but He didn’t) in order to save us all from damnation because of our sin and all you need to do is accept and believe in Him and put your trust in Him for your salvation. Go here and know True Love --> [link to www.jesus-is-savior.com]
[link to www.jesus-is-savior.com]

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." -- (1 Corinthians 13:1-13 KJV)

Webster...

CHARITY, n.

1. In a general sense, love, benevolence, good will; that disposition of heart which inclines men to think favorably of their fellow men to think favorably of their fellow men, and to do them good. In a theological sense, it includes supreme love to God, and universal good will to men.

1 Cor 8. Col 3. 1 Tim 1.

2. In a more particular sense, love, kindness, affection, tenderness, springing from natural relations; as the charities of father, son and brother.

3. Liberality to the poor, consisting in almsgiving or benefactions, or in gratuitous services to relieve them in distress.

4. Alms; whatever is bestowed gratuitously on the poor for their relief.

5. Liberality in gifts and services to promote public objects of utility, as to found and support bible societies, missionary societies, and others.

6. Candor; liberality in judging of men and their actions; a disposition which inclines men to think and judge favorably, and to put the best construction on words and actions which the case will admit. The highest exercise of charity, is charity towards the uncharitable.

7. Any act of kindness, or benevolence; as the charities of life.

8. A charitable institution. Charity-school, is a school maintained by voluntary contributions for educating poor children.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP