Users Online Now: 2,170 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 872,076
Pageviews Today: 1,552,104Threads Today: 660Posts Today: 11,659
05:47 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Starvation Strike, my foot!!! Indian Chief Spence’s reserve got $85 MILLION in 2011 for 1500 people, for 300 houses that’s $280,000.00 per house
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Tell me again why she is demanding more!!!!!

The Aboriginal leaders are the Aboriginal people's worst enemy... that is something they need to clean up before they ask for more... If funds were properly devided, as the funds should be... there would be no problem with housing or schools or reserve roads.

This is the first time I’ve ever seen a reporter actually report the truth about an aboriginal issue. Too bad there aren’t more REAL REPORTERS.

Here's a part of what Sun News reported yesterday.

SNIP-
Spence is a master media manipulator; she knew better than to do her dieting stunt up in Attawapiskat, where it hit -33 C this week, and was accessible only by airplane. She flew to Ottawa and pitched a teepee for the benefit of the bored Parliamentary Press Gallery. She also stayed in a hotel, but that was never shown on camera — it contradicted the narrative of a chief willing to make every sacrifice for her people.-SNIP

SNIP-
Do the math: The Attawapiskat band received $34 million in 2011. And the local diamond mine spent $51 million in town. That’s $85 million, for 300 families. That’s $280,000 per family. Tax free. So how come so many in Attawapiskat live in leaky, cold shacks? Not the chief of course; she has a sturdy, well-heated house and drives an Escalade. Her boyfriend is the band manager — his contract is for $850 a day, plus expenses. Why does the band have $8.9 million in the stock market, in shares like Google and Pepsi and Exxon, but not enough money to fix some leaks? Why are there 21 politicians on the payroll of a tiny town? Why did Spence once bill the town $8,000 a month to manage the daycare?

Those are questions reporters might ask white politicians. But lucky for Spence, she’s Indian, so they don’t.

edit: Sorry guys... I forgot to add the link... My apologies

Read the whole story here:
[link to ezralevant.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP