Users Online Now: 2,596 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,491,727
Pageviews Today: 2,158,241Threads Today: 595Posts Today: 11,802
05:28 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I support restrictions of our rights...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am in favor of restricting our rights if they are a threat to our safety as a culture. I cannot deny that the deaths of thousands over the past two decades is inexcusable when reasonable measures can be put in place to help prevent this from happening. Common sense restrictions can benefit our nation if it saves just one child. We have to do something rather than nothing.

Therefore, I call for the religion of Islam to be restricted in this nation for operation only in government sanctioned houses of worship with proper licensing and after thorough background checks. The Koran will be edited to include only the parts about peace, and nothing that could relate to the violent history of war and conflict against non believers, or "jihad." There have been at least 2,753 casualties related to the extreme views of this religion in the past two decades. Now, I am not calling for a ban or restriction on ALL religions, or even a ban on Islam. No one wants to infringe on a persons first amendment right to exercise their religious views. But we all agree that the violence must end. Common sense restrictions must be put in place so the extremists of Islam cannot plot their next actions against innocent people in this country. We have a moral obligation to protect our children from the danger of radical Islam in the hands of the mentally unstable.

If this offends you......GOOD. It should. I would rail against this restriction as much as I would a restriction of ANY of the bill of rights. Notice, all of the bill of rights mention 1 of 2 things: The people, and/or the states. They do not mention a standing army, a national guard, or any other such non sense you might read in persuasive articles that have flooded the media in the past several weeks except to say that soldiers will not be quartered in the houses of the people. The second amendment, as the first through 10th, specifically states our founders interpretation of natural rights of man and the people. It's time we realize the fallacy of the "safety state," and realize that our freedom comes at a price. After all, do we not send our soldiers to foreign lands at risk of life and limb with the belief that we do so in the name of defending our liberty here at home? If we aren't willing to withstand the cost of freedom here at home, when we are facing the lowest points of human morality, how can we continue to ask our loved ones to do so in lands far away?

I leave with this quote, From President George Washington on May 1st, 1796 at the end of his presidency, as to why we should ALL be weary when a sudden and fast paced barrage of executive action (either unilateral or through congress) comes into the national spotlight in the pre-text of "it cannot wait."

"It has always been, and will continue to be, my earnest desire to learn and to comply, as far as is consistent, with the public sentiment; but it is on great occasions only, and after time has been given for cool and deliberate reflection, that the real voice of the people can be known."

Total number killed or injured in mass shootings since 1982 - 964. Total number killed by radical Islam on U.S. soil since 2001 - at least 2,753
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP