Users Online Now: 2,006 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 909,029
Pageviews Today: 1,698,300Threads Today: 827Posts Today: 14,677
06:57 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How to handle a pathological liar?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This girl I know was a work acquaintance over the past 10 years we would always wind up back in each others lives for one reason or another. I always kept her as an acquaintance because she would always tell "stories". Recently she contacted me again because she was pregnant. She seemed to have cleaned up her act in the past 2 years we weren't talking. She had gotten a good job and her own place. So I let her into my life. Well, it didn't last long, her "pregnancy" that is. She told me about how she went out the night before and drank or something and I said "Why are you drinking while pregnant?" and she winds up telling me this hour long blatant lie about her miscarriage. The whole story sounded like bullshit. To top off the fact nothing in her story made sense, she also was VERY cold about the fact that she just lost this child. I brushed it off and decided maybe she just made up the lie because she didn't know another reason to call me out of the blue. Also we had kind of bonded in the 3 weeks we were talking. She had a horrible childhood which gave me empathy as to why she felt the need to lie all the time. Then she tells me she is pregnant AGAIN! I smelled bullshit from the beginning. Her stories of what the doctor was telling her made no sense. I didn't react the same as the first time and kept her at arms length for a week. She sends me a text of her new tattoo. Then calls me, after telling her it was cool, I say "What are you doing getting tattoos while pregnant? I don't know a single tattoo artist that would do that." She tells me AGAIN She just miscarried. The whole story I didn't feed into it at all. I just said "Uh huh" and "Okay" during the entire thing. UGH! So now I have stopped calling her completely but I answer if she calls me. a week passes and she calls me to tell me that it mustn't have been a miscarriage, her doctor says she is still pregnant. I don't know what to do. Should I just call her out and say "Look I know you weren't pregnant, that's fine, you don't need to lie to me" Or what? The reason I haven't done it yet is because I was waiting for some "Smoking Gun" type of lie that I could use as backup in case she tries to deny the lie.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP