Users Online Now: 2,043 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 736,858
Pageviews Today: 1,298,881Threads Today: 554Posts Today: 9,504
03:16 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What is one lesson of Job for all people? God REMAINS ENOUGH.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Trusting God isn’t easy when tragedy strikes.

This morning, my Bible fell open to the first page of the Book of Job, so I began to read it.

It is always fascinating to see what the Holy Ghost will illuminate.

At times, I have what I call "cartoon thinking". I think in comical imagery, so it struck me funny when I read:

"One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them".

It's that last part, "and Satan also came with them"-- he just happened to be tagging along.....doot doot de doo.

And the Lord says to Satan, "Where have you come from?". As if He didn't know already.

Satan answers, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

How many of you thought of this verse after reading that?:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour" 1 Peter 5:8

Our Lord continues to say,
"Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him, he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

Oh, oh, I see some tribulation coming.

Most of us know what happens next -- Satan rejects God's view of Job's devout character.

“Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan asks.

Satan implies that Job is simply out for what he can get from God and he argues:

“Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has?
“You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.”

It's as if he is saying, "it's not You that he loves, it's just his possessions and what you have blessed him with".

So he poses a challenge to God.

“Stretch out your hand and strike everything he has,” Satan dares God, “and he will surely curse you to your face.”

I imagine God is not hesitant in His reply as He knows Job's heart and what the outcome will be.

“Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

God permits Satan to inflict Job--and only within the limits God Himself has established.

So Satan grabs a handful of torments from his bag of suffering and heaps them on blameless Job.

One after another, messengers come to tell Job the bad news of all that he lost--oxen, donkeys, sheep, camels, servants and the worst -- the destruction of his sons and daughters
How did Job respond?

“In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.” (Job 1:22)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP