Users Online Now: 1,748 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,013,635
Pageviews Today: 1,761,114Threads Today: 687Posts Today: 13,491
07:17 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject PATHETIC: Carol Shea-Porter, (D-NH) Responds To My Gun Control Concerns As Feinstein Reveals Bill
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Ruger should have gotten the same note. I participated in a collective grievance.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about gun laws. I appreciate your thoughts and welcome the opportunity to respond.

The tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut was an unspeakable horror. My prayers are with the victims and their families, as well as the teachers and other public safety personnel who acted heroically to save lives.

In Newtown's aftermath, I pledged to work towards ending these mass shootings that shock America far too often. In New Hampshire, we have a proud tradition of responsible gun ownership. I appreciate the importance of this tradition and I strongly support the Second Amendment. I believe that we can protect our traditions and rights and also protect our citizens by enacting measures such as banning high capacity magazines, doing proper background checks, and closing loopholes. Indeed, a recent survey showed that seventy-four percent of current and former NRA members supported criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun. Information on this survey is available at Royters: www.XXXXXXX.com/article/2012/07/25/us-usa-shooting-denver-guns-idUSBRE86O02O20120​725.

There are a number of pieces of legislation that have been introduced since the tragic events in Newtown, including the Firearm Safety and Public Health Research Act, a bill I have cosponsored that would allow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institutes of Health to study the causes of gun violence. I also expect to see new legislation introduced in response to President Obama's speech and I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress considers these proposals.

To learn about current legislation or about my voting record, I invite you to visit the Library of Congress legislative information website (www.thomas.gov). There, you can find the full text of a bill or a summary, who introduced it and when, who is cosponsoring it, and where it is in the legislative process. I also invite you to visit my website ( [link to shea-porter.house.gov)] for more information about bills that I have introduced or cosponsored, and for issue updates, position statements, or to sign up for my email newsletter. You can also connect with me by visiting my official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/RepSheaPorter) and Twitter feed ( [link to twitter.com]

Thank you again for contacting my office. It is a privilege to serve you in Washington.

Sincerely,

Carol Shea-Porter
Member of Congress
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP