Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject UK's Obama making plans to be next PM
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A wealthy MP dubbed the ‘Tory Barack Obama’ has been accused of undermining David Cameron with a secret leadership bid.

The Mail on Sunday has learned that multi-millionaire IT tycoon Adam Afriyie is poised to stand, should a rumoured backbench revolt force the Prime Minister to resign. Two Tory MPs have told this newspaper they were asked to sign a letter endorsing Mr Afriyie as a leadership challenger in the event of such a contest. One said Mr Afriyie’s supporters claimed 40 MPs had already signed – though his allies deny the letter even exists.

Brought up in a single-parent home among some of South London’s toughest council estates, Adam Afriyie became a self-made millionaire and Britain’s first black Tory MP. He has previously spoken of his humble roots in Peckham, as the son of a white English mother and a Ghanaian father. He later built up a personal fortune of up to £100 million from his IT business. Predictably, Mr Afriyie – who was elected to represent Windsor in 2005 – has been dubbed the ‘British Obama’ but he says: ‘I consider myself post-racial. I don’t see myself as a black man.’

Read more: [link to www.dailymail.co.uk]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP