Users Online Now: 1,310 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 459,754
Pageviews Today: 591,906Threads Today: 180Posts Today: 2,077
05:12 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Tennessee proposes welfare reform?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "A Tennessee lawmaker is pushing a controversial new bill that would tie welfare benefits to students' performance in school."

"Republican state Sen. Stacey Campfield last week introduced the legislation, which calls for the state to cut welfare benefits to parents whose kids don't do well in class. Critics are already panning the proposal as unfair, and one that could hurt students in the end -- but Campfield is defending his idea, which he says would force parents to take a more active role in their children’s education."

“We’re not asking children to re-write the Magna Carta,” Campfield told FoxNews.com Monday. “A D-minus gets you through.”

[link to www.foxnews.com]

I live on the state boarding of Kentucky and Tennessee and heard this pop up on the radio on my way home from work

I wonder if it would play towards multi-child families
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP