Users Online Now: 1,382 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 431,745
Pageviews Today: 561,035Threads Today: 130Posts Today: 2,230
04:25 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Gold buying advice to UK investor please (pro and con)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I would like to get lots of advice, pro and con about buying gold.
I am in the UK but would welcome input from all.

Here is my situation.
I am mortgage and debt free.

Inflation has made me concentrate on buying in tinned and non perishable goods. I have several years supplies and have quite frankly run out of storage space.

I have bought clothing that will last me several years (eg prices for cheap trainers have doubled in 18 months) so i have several years in hand now.
I have cash in hand to deal with emergencies.
I garden and have good tools and several years of seed storage on hand.

It is the usual problem that you need to have many thousands of pounds before a savings account pays interest above our inflation rate.

I have an account but it pays 0.25% to savings below £5000 (thats why i stocked up on food that was increasing in price at a huge rate)

Would it be a good idea to start buying gold ?
(even in small amounts)

Does anyone have any reputable links for UK companies ?.

Do any of you people have alternative ideas for me ?

Many thanks
April
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

News