Users Online Now: 2,512 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,405,349
Pageviews Today: 2,026,096Threads Today: 567Posts Today: 10,935
04:31 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject MYOFASCIAL RELEASE..Muscles & Fascia..Trigger Points..Self-Massage...acupressure mat..!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message If I were a multi-millionaire, I would employ my own personal, on-call massage therapist. I would likely take a deep tissue massage upon waking every single morning, as well as a deep tissue massage after lifting weights & exercising.

Since I am not yet that wealthy, I must settle for self-massage.

I have been researching myofascial release, trigger points, and self-massage, and I must say....It works!

Very, very inexpensively, one can begin to be quite good at these techniques.

Currently, I use two lacrosse balls (lacrosse balls are slightly larger than tennis balls, and are heavier- lax balls are made of solid, dense rubber) and a golf ball, and I have an inexpensive wood roller. I also have tennis balls, but I prefer the deeper, more painful/uncomfortable lax balls which provide a better feeling when done.

So...do you do myofascial release?

Trigger point?

I use the golf ball under my foot! I can stand with almost my entire weight on the golf ball! It hurt at first, but it is so relaxing and it has so many benefits...my posture is improved! The first time I did it, I heard a lot of pops and resettling of the tiny bones in my feet and toes, and it felt amazing! When I say it "hurt" I mean it hurts the way a really good, deep massage might hurt at the moment the muscles are being kneaded, but the incredible relief and comfort you feel immediately afterward and for some time...that makes it worth it!

I also bought a acupressure mat, which is basically a yoga mat with 200 hard acrylic discs covering the mat, and each disc has blunt-tipped sharp points all over it (each disc has ~3 dozen blunt bumps on it.) I like that, and it stimulates blood flow to large areas.
I can not stand on the mat barefoot though, with all my weight at least. I usually wear thin socks to do my feet. But I like to do my whole body, including my face and scalp!

I would love to hear about your expertise, experience, and interest in myofascial release, trigger points, etc.!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP