Users Online Now: 2,077 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,043,134
Pageviews Today: 1,446,221Threads Today: 394Posts Today: 6,922
11:59 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject OBAMACARE - Cheapest family insurance $20,000!!! What the?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message (CNSNews.com) – In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year.

Under Obamacare, Americans will be required to buy health insurance or pay a penalty to the IRS.

The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for a family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

[link to cnsnews.com]

Link to IRS publication :
[link to www.irs.gov]

Excerpts from the IRS document to which the article is referring:
Example 2. Married employee with dependents. Taxpayers B and C are married
and file a joint return for 2016. B and C have two children, D and E. In November
2015, B is eligible to enroll in self-only coverage under a plan offered by B’s employer
for calendar year 2016 at a cost of $5,000 to B. C, D, and E are eligible to enroll in
family coverage under the same plan for 2016 at a cost of $20,000 to B. B, C, D, and
E’s household income is $90,000. Under paragraph (e)(3)(ii)(A) of this section, B's
required contribution is B's share of the cost for self-only coverage, $5,000. Under
paragraph (e)(1) of this section, B has affordable coverage for 2016 because B’s
required contribution ($5,000) does not exceed 8 percent of B’s household income
($7,200). Under paragraph (e)(3)(ii)(B) of this section, the required contribution for C,
D, and E is B's share of the cost for family coverage, $20,000. Under paragraph (e)(1)
of this section, C, D, and E lack affordable coverage for 2016 because their required
contribution ($20,000) exceeds 8 percent of their household income ($7,200).

Also:

Example 3. Family without minimum essential coverage. (i) In 2016, Taxpayers
H and J are married and file a joint return. H and J have three children: K, age 21, L,
age 15, and M, age 10. No member of the family has minimum essential coverage for
any month in 2016. H and J’s household income is $120,000. H and J’s applicable
filing threshold is $24,000. The annual national average bronze plan premium for a
family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000.

Now, I need to look at this more as this law is humongous, but the above refers to (e)(3) as the paragraph of concern, which is quite confusing to me in itself. Has anyone looked at this or does any law professionals out there have the time to peruse this to see if in fact the article is true? This is outlandish and would certainly cause my family to have to pay a penalty because I will not pay $20,000 a year for health insurance.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP