Users Online Now: 1,551 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 295,460
Pageviews Today: 481,281Threads Today: 161Posts Today: 2,746
06:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Dr. Acula's Poetry Contest! Contest Ended. Click for Link to Poll Thread, Vote For Your Favorite!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message EDIT:
The 10 have been selected!

Go find out who... and vote! :)

Best of luck to you all!!!

Thread: The Poetry Bowl! VOTING NOW CLOSED! Congrats to Minus9 for Winning!

EDIT: The Contest is now officially over. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sharing with us all your art of rhyme and prose. There is much work to be done now. Stay tuned!

EDIT: Extended until 9pm EST! Throwing in an additional 3rd place prize of 'Free TRIAL upgrade for 1 month'

Alright Dr. Astro recently had a contest on here. I participated and it was a lot of fun!

So I wanted to offer a contest myself... I've spent much time thinking about what type of contest...

I figured it would be fun to see what kind of poetry my fellow GLPers could come up with.

So do you wanna earn a full upgrade for a month?

I spent my Karma and got the Karma Prize 'Free FULL upgrade for 1 month for a friend'

The rules are simple... write us a poem... no plagiarizing! It has to be an original poem!

This contest ends on February 3rd... This Sunday Evening 7pm EST

I'll pick my top 10 faves and start another thread with a poll after 7pm EST Sunday... this poll will have the top 10 picks so that GLP can vote for the winner!

The runner up of this contest will receive an 'Free TRIAL upgrade for 1 month' I already have that Karma prize.

In order to win this prize you must have at least an registered account!! If you havent got one... make sure you create one...
your poem will not be a valid entry without at least posting it under a registered account!

Of course I am not competing lol
But I wanted to show you a poem I did...
as an example
I'm not the best poet... but its a poem none the less...
If I can write one... you can too!

Luna

The moon she shines
Over land and sea
I'd like to think
Only for me

Luna my love
My alabaster queen
Will you smile?
Just for me?

She glides so softly
As she passes by