Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My message to Sen. Roy Blunt.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I sent a message to my Missouri senator Roy Blunt on the gun control issue, as well as my other Senator Claire McCaskill (I have yet to see a reply from McCaskill.). I basically told him that I'm opposed to any gun restrictions, or bans. And that our liberties have been slowly depleting due to the NDAA bill, and patriot act, and that I feared our 2nd amendment may now be under assault. And then said I am a firm believer in the phrase "Shall not be infringed" And as a senator I would assume you vowed to uphold the constitution, and protect the rights that were given in it.

This was not my actual letter, it was more well put together that above, this is just roughly what I had said, and this is the reply I got back:

Dear Tyler,
Thank you for contacting me regarding the rights of gun owners.
As you may know, I am a strong defender of our Second Amendment rights. The right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms is an individual right guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the Constitution and broadly interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court. Our Founders clearly understood that one of the most basic rights of Americans is the ability to defend themselves and their families.

In light of the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, there have been calls for immediate action to address gun control. I do believe it is important that we have a serious national discussion about preventing these senseless acts of violence and protecting our children in their schools. Equally important, however, is an effort that more broadly addresses ways to spend federal dollars more wisely when it comes to treating and identifying those who are mentally ill as well as intervening before they tragically impact their own lives and the lives of others.

There are no easy answers here. I continue to believe that a weapons ban does not fix the issue. Whatever we do, it must be consistent with the Constitution.

I appreciate your thoughts and will continue to support legislation that safeguards our Second Amendment rights, encourages safe and responsible gun ownership, and keeps our homes and families safe.

Agai n, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt ) and Twitter ( www.twitter.com/RoyBlunt ) about the important issues f acing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website ( blunt.senate.gov ) to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e -newsletter .

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
United States Senator

I encourage all Americans to contact their state Reps. And promote the safety of our 2nd amendment. It may not be the best form on speaking out on the issue, but doing nothing at all won't help either, anything will help. We're running out of time, and everyone should do their part to make sure their voice is heard. Thanks for reading, I hope this compels some of you.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP