Users Online Now: 2,252 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,650,114
Pageviews Today: 2,413,452Threads Today: 664Posts Today: 13,638
07:40 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject You Thought Facebook Was Bad... Another Social Network 'Get Glue' Is WORSE!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Millions of people per day update their facistbook status letting the world know their every move... making it all too easy to be logged and cataloged...

But did you know about get glue? Its a website and app...

[link to getglue.com]

as per wikipedia

GetGlue is a social networking website for Television fans. Users "check-in" to the shows, movies and sports that they consume using a website, mobile website, or a device-specific application
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Not only can you 'check in' to movies... but you can check in to every single thing you could possibly imagine... hobbies, work, activities, shopping, sleeping, eating...

hell name it... people check into the topic and post what they are doing, how they are doing it... constantly

Its the biggest data mining "social network" i have ever came across...

They award people for checking in with stickers... yes fucking stickers... like its fucking kindergarten all over again...

People all too eagerly assist in the cataloging of their lives for stickers...

They used to mail actual physical stickers... now its just digital stickers... and people still eat it up.

STICKERS! Fucking stickers!

If they are willing to participate in that site/app for some useless online stickers...

imagine a shtf scenario... what would they do for a loaf of bread?!

damned

There is also a review system... you can write a review about a book, movie, TV Show, blah blah

Most people write half assed, hair brained reviews

example: "OMG this is totally cool"

They dont even take 5 minutes to form an original thought... much less actually give any info on the subject they are reviewing...

I would love to see the grade they got on book reviews in school... (do kids even read books in school these days?)

If users choose your review as the best you can become the "guru" of that subject/show/what the fuck ever...

That serves no purpose...

...other than being an "expert" on >Insert Trending TV Show< or aka an annoying twat... blahblah

Millions of zombified sheep eagerly let the world... and more importantly the corporations/gobermint know their every move...

No need to make an effort to track those people... they do the work themselves...

I was baffled that people eagerly gave up their privacy on facistbook...

I was in utter disdain when I discovered get glue...

When totalitarianism comes 100% into effect... just give the people stickers... they will cheer for it!

cheer

wakeup

rant
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP