Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Parents Who Brag Too Much!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message See that little annoying chanting banana? Unfortunately, that bears a striking resembalance to alot of the parents I know. I just had to crawl down in the fruit aisle to hide from one of them.

"My son is in 4th grade, and he's reading at a 9th grade level". "My daughter is 18 months old, but she's going to be the next Michelle Kwan".

As a proud parent myself, I understand that it's important to acknowledge your child's accomplishments. Every now and then, when something noteworthy happens, I will share it with family and close friends. That's not what I'm talking about. I mean those parents whose mouths are like a treadmill...who never shut up. They believe that it is their soul purpose in life to inform you of their child's daily accomplishments 24/7. This eventually reaches the point of other parents and adults parting like the red sea when they see "the one who won't stop bragging" approach.

Let's take the rudeness of bragging out of the equation, and consider the other problems with this. Are these parents really doing this for the right reasons? It seems to go beyond supporting your child, into this competitive "keeping up with the Jones's" mode. They want their child to be the best at EVERYTHING...school/grades,sports, ballet, soccer, music, and the list goes on.

These parents seem like they are competing with the children of other parents, who may not have won that 1st place trophy...not exactly the best way to come across.

Now, let's consider what it does to the child. These children have more pressure on them than the CEO of Kraft Mayonaise! Can you imagine constantly hearing "You'll be the youngest lawyer in the country. It's the future president of the United States?" . Are these children ever asked what THEY want to do with their life?

These parents don't do this for the children. They do it for themselves.

I just had to get this off my chest.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP