Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Moving to Central America with entire family from the US
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My multi-generational household is thinking of making a HUGE change. We are seriously making a big plan to move to Nicaragua in the next few months. Has anyone here ever done this? As far as things go, my biggest concern is that I have three children. Ages 11, 6, and almost 5. One is fully vaccinated, and the other two have only gotten two(hep B and tetanus). They are all healthy, and have never had any major issues. I'll of course do a lot more research on diseases and potential vaccines to get before going, but we've been mulling this idea over for the last few years. My husband lived in Costa Rica as a child, and he has very fond memories of living abroad. I'm nervous about it, because I've never even been out of the country, but my in-laws do frequent missions over there, and they are the reason we are thinking of making this a permanent thing for our whole family.

So has anyone ever done this with their whole families. It will be 12 of us moving to a large house with land, and we'll grow a lot of our own food, and start a business down there. My children already picked up a lot of German very easily this year(we home school), and my Mother in-law, father in-law, and husband all speak fluent spanish, so I don't doubt that my children and I could learn the language easily.

Any tips, ideas, or anything else that could be helpful before making such a huge change?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP