Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject People on Blood Thinners
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi my fellow GLPers... I am not sure if you have family members who are on blood thinners, or maybe on them yourself?? But something came up recently that really bothered me and I thought I would share what I found, in case you may find it to come in handy.

Recently my step father, who is on blood thinners, cut him self with a saw, we were at the cottage, which is over an hour from the nearest hospital.. This wasn't a super deep laceration, but a decent one, that NORMALLY would have coagulated and stopped bleeding by a normal person. He was bleeding a SHIT load and it just would not stop. We tried everything we were supposed to and had to go to the hospital for them to stop the bleeding.

This got me thinking.. just for normal everyday accidents and also for when the SHTF, how can we help people with lacerations/injuries who may be on these meds? I don't know if anyone has heard of this product. I just found it browsing the internet today, so I don't know how new a product it is, but it is called CELOX? I ordered some to give to my step dad, since he is the handy type who will definitely hurt himself tinkering with things. I also however bought some for my first aid kit, as well as for the car kit. I don't know how good this stuff is, but the site caught my eye and I thought I would share.

[link to www.celoxsales.com]

All the best to you hf
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP