Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Linux is AWESOME!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message LOVE LOVE LOVE this operating system!!

I went with the big deal first, (Linux Mint) but I didn't like it much to be honest. It had crash issues on my computer, the graphics were messed up a little here and there and I just didn't care for the whole look of it.

I was almost ready to give up and go back to Windows and came across a version of Linux called OpenSuse.

O.M.G.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Much nicer in appearance than Mint and it hasn't crashed on me a single time in the week that I've had it.

I mean this layout is bad ass and the different things you can do with graphics and customizing your desktop are sweet. It runs VERY close to how Windows runs too so you don't have to learn a whole new skill set to get started.

If you're on the fence about Linux, trust me, they have fixed the issues, go for it. You won't regret it. It has no backdoors like Windows does, it's ENCRYPTED, it is ENTIRELY open source which means others can add to it and make it better. You really can't ask for anything more, Linux is the shit.

And it's FREE!! 5a

I have the newest version of OpenSuse, 12.2 with the KDE desktop. If you don't know what that means, like me, it's no problem, the OpenSuse website guides you every step of the way and allows you to choose which desktop you run.

Download the file, burn the image to a DVD and you're done.

I also love being able to keep my Windows with it and I have a choice which one I want to use before the computer boots up.

One thing I have noticed is that Linux doesn't support blueray/HD 1080p, so I keep a copy of Windows on my hard drive that I use solely for that. On the other hand Linux plays streaming HD content MUCH better than the other so I go to OpenSuse for that and general everyday surfing etc.

AMAZING!

If you want to get started, I can help with the setup and questions.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP