Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Fuck computer programming as a career
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'm sick and tired of it. I've been programming now for well over a decade and I simply can not write another god damned line of code. It's the same shit over and over again. Make it faster, make it cheaper, make it faster, make it cheaper is all you fucking hear at work and all you see in job postings.

Why in the fuck does any of it matter? Let's run on a treadmill our entire lives so people can have a fucking faster smartphone. Fuck them.

Let's spend hundreds of billions of dollars so algorithms can trade a few microseconds faster. Fuck it.

Let's waste countless man years so the corners of windows are curved and semi-transparent because that shit really matters. Fuck it all.

Let's rewrite the same website infrastrucure in a the latest fad language every couple of years so we all can pretend to be busy bees. Fuck that.

Is there any way out of this treadmill of a life? I highly doubt it. Mankind won't stop in this path to exponential insanity until we are left with nothing but a smouldering pile of ruins we once called civilization.

People can barely keep up with their workload at the office and all the chores at home yet every day you get to work and it's MOAR MOAR MOAR.

And you know what? It's the 0.1% at the top that are *demanding* that every single thing below them cut costs, increase efficiency all so they can see a little MOAR money that they did the month before. Can they even spend the money they make? No, but they still need MOAR and it will come out of your SOUL!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP