Users Online Now: 2,149 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,010,513
Pageviews Today: 1,879,118Threads Today: 908Posts Today: 16,399
08:42 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject SHOCKING REVELATION OF RAPID DISINTEGRATION OF FREEDOM IN THE USA (please read for you own good!)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This is simply a recollection of the not so distant past so readers can judge just how much freedom we have lost, and how fast we lost it, and how the basic nature of our government has shifted radically to tyranny.

The story I have to relate was about back in the 70's when the government was afraid of the people.

This was the time of such anti government sentiment that songs like "Convoy" ( I know it was corny but it was about open rebellion against the police) and movies like Smokey and the Bandit.

The days of citizens taking action with CB radios to give the location of every cop on the road, seldom did they escape detection, and statistics indicated that drivers who had CB radios had significant fewer accidents, surprise sunrise!
These were days without a care or worry as I recall them as young adult/teenager, a very relaxed time where our biggest worry was expensive gas and heating oil due to the arab oil embargo.

I was on the school rifle team and brought my target rifle to school and kept in my locker on Tuesdays and Thursdays when we had practice on the range, which was located on school premises under the basketball court in the basement.

I also frequently brought my hunting rifles for the purposes of sighting them in on the range especially bore sighting since I was bad about knocking my scopes of sight and had not yet perfected the technique and my instructor/coach was a very good marksman.

I brought my firearms on the school bus in a hard case, sometimes a soft case , and I showed them to my friends and allowed them to hold them and examine them, all without raising an eyebrow from the bus driver.

Since I was a large individual, the bus driver would often seat "problem children" with me to keep them from disrupting or distracting her. I was once given responsibility for a little boy with a condition that caused him to have violent seizures, a very intelligent little tike that was picked on because he had to wear a hockey helmet to protect his head from injury during a seizure.

His parents thanked me with a very nice gift for Christmas for keeping the bullies from bothering him, it was a sled designed to pull behind a snowmobile and I returned the favor by taking the little boy for rides after strapping him in with a three point seat belt. Ice fishing and fishing the river behind my house with my instruction seem to be very good for him and he never had a seizure when having fum. His seizures improved, it seemed the bullying brought them on made them worst.

The point of all of this is simple, we were given responsibility, and we acted responsibly.
We weren't put on psychotropics or Ritalin for having a personality or thinking independently or acting like a normal child, , AND NOT A SINGLE ONE IF US EVER OPENED FIRE ON OUR CLASS MATES, DESPITE THE FACT THAT FIST FIGHTS WERE VERY COMMON, USUALLY OVER GIRLS or the bullying of younger acquaintance or brother..

I had my share and I was only suspended once, when I busted open my opponents lip so bad he had to have 8 stitches and his parents raised a stink over the doctor bill. Usually the coach would allow a fist fight to continue until one opponent got the best of the other and then broke up the fight, and this was often where fights were held because students knew the coach would not turn the combatants into to the principal. In this way conflicts were solved permanently with a clear victor..

To continue my recollection of freedom...There was a drive through liquor store where you could buy a handgun, ammunition, a bottle of whiskey and mixed drink, all from the comfort of the front seat of your car at a drive up window without ever stepping put of the car.

They even had a 30 second add on TEE VEE, it was called the Stop and Go Gun and Liquor Store and had a picture of a semi auto handgun and a bottle with XXX on the sign.
The store was an offshoot of a local convenience store owned by rich and influential local Houstonian called Stop-n-Go.

It was actually kind of humorous when we talked about it, we always laughed out loud when the commercial came on because of the theme song which unfortunately I cannot remember the words to. I was thinking perhaps it was just bit too much freedom for some people, AND NO, I'm not making it up. TEXAS WAS AT ONE TIME A VERY FREE STATE AND POLICE LEFT YOU ALONE.
Of course in those days you could take a toke off of a bong in front of a cop and he would look the other way. We had a totally different mindset about freedom then, if you weren't bothering anybody you were left alone and grand juries and persecutors wouldn't dare pull the shit they do now, prosecuting people who they know had done no wrong to anyone. That is not law and order, it is generating revenue and destroying freedom and these bastards need to hang from the rope of justice strung from the tree of liberty. MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA!.

BTW if you don't believe me , This store was in Pasadena Texas about 500 yards from my apartment on the north part of town near the 610 500 loop. We called the 610 loop that that because it was a loop around Houston with banked curves just like a NASCAR track. People going over 100 MPH in the fast lane was the norm and cops didn't dare stop speeders for fear they would be run over or cause pile ups. Seriously.

At the time Texas had no open container laws and no background checks for the purchase of weapons. Since then laws have been passed forbidding firearms where liquor is sold in Texas, I guess I wish things were like the good old days when we didn't have the government murdering our people and drug crazed maniacs killing our kids in schools, AND WE HAD THE "Stop and Go Gun and Liquor store". It seems to me the more restrictions ,laws and cops their are, the crazier everything has gotten, correct me if I am wrong.

It also seems to me the nanny state has created people who have no responsibility concerning anything.

MY POINT FOR WRITING THIS IS FOR THE YOUNG PEOPLE WHOEVER KNOWN FREEDOM and WHO HAVE NO REFERENCE TO GO BY AS TO WHAT FREEDOM ACTUALLY IS, SO THAT THEY WILL REALIZE IT SOMETHING WORTH FIGHTING AND PERHAPS EVEN DYING FOR. WHAT WE HAVE NOW IS IMPRISONMENT WITHIN OUT OWN MINDS,and I am absolutely certain a return to the way things were is a step in the right direction and the most logical course of action.

This of course will not be easy, but it IS within our reach and our capability, and I have the distinct feeling the banksters behind all of this erosion of freedom, corrosion of our societal norms, destruction of our families, and overall systematic destruction of our way of life are in for a wake up call. it's time someone dilaed the number.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP