Users Online Now: 1,980 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 684,536
Pageviews Today: 1,094,878Threads Today: 436Posts Today: 6,320
11:47 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My Daughter, My Blessing, Turned 18 Today !
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message She shouldn't be here, but she is. I almost died the day she was born. All my organs were shutting down. I had gone to the hospital because of swelling. I looked like a puffer fish when I walked into the ER that morning.I was swollen from head to toe. I was NOT in labor at the moment. I had no problems with swelling before. They monitored me for a couple of hours, and told me they were sending me home. All of a sudden my labor started, as soon as the nurse finished telling me to get ready to go home ! It was all back labor, and 3 minutes apart when it started. I started to crash immediately. The doctor ran into the room, toting a portable x-ray machine. The x-ray determined my daughter was coming out feet first. They rushed me to the operating room to do an emergency c-section. As they were putting me out, the doctor told me that he could save her, but might not be able to save me. I told him not to worry about me, but to save my baby !I just said a silent prayer handing the whole situation over to God, and what will be, will be.
I woke up in really bad shape. It was touch and go for a few days. The doctor gave me less than a 50/50 chance to pull through. The nurse brought my daughter in so I could see her. She had a head full of white blonde hair that absolutely glowed ! She was absolutely fine, no problems !

Today she celebrates her 18th birthday ! She is in her first year of college, (she skipped a grade, so she is 1 year younger than her classmates). She has a 4.0 GPA, and is on the Deans List.
She is a helpfull, kind hearted young lady, who never says anything bad about anyone, and never has had an enemy. She has volunteeered at a Soup Kitchen, Tutoring, Assistant Swimming Coach for the middle schoolers, and helps transport donations to area food and clothing pantries.

She is not a "typical" teenager. She is very simple in her lifestyle, and cares less for the latest gadget or material things. She is gratefull for what she has. I am gratefull for her !
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP