Users Online Now: 1,458 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 256,219
Pageviews Today: 418,539Threads Today: 133Posts Today: 2,401
06:03 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject To the "Salt is bad for you, causes high blood pressure" tards on glp, I'm here, to shut your asses up
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message ive read this from several glp tards in recent days, here are the facts

By Dr. Mercola

The idea that salt is bad for you and contributes to heart disease is an idea that has become more or less cemented as dogma in the West. Where did this idea come from? And more importantly, is it true?

My intention today is to show you the fallacy of the notion that salt is generally bad for you, and how salt has been indicted by so-called nutritional "experts," as well as by government regulators, without a fair trial. When you look at what the research actually says, I believe you will be convinced that salt is not only relatively benign but is a major nutritional goldmine, IF you consume the right kind.

You have probably had the benefits of a low-salt diet drummed into your head for y ears.

However, decades of scientific research have failed to prove ANY benefits of a low-salt diet, and in fact tend to show the opposite. Studies have also failed to prove salt's connection to heart disease. I will show you where this mistaken idea originated… and the sound you hear may be cardiologists' hearts breaking across the globe.

Salt is an Essential Nutrient

Salt is essential for life—you cannot live without it. Salt has always been important to human life on this planet. Even the word "salary" comes from the root "sal," because Romans were paid in salt. African and European explorers traded an ounce of salt for an ounce of gold—salt was literally worth its weight in gold. Unrefined natural salt is important to many biological processes, including:

Being a major component of your blood plasma, lymphatic fluid, extracellular fluid, and even amniotic fluid
Carrying nutrients into and out of your cells
Maintain and regulate blood pressure
Increasing the glial cells in your brain, which are responsible for creative thinking and long-term planning.
Helping your brain communicate with your muscles, so that you can move on deman d via sodium-potassium ion exchange

More than 80 percent of the salt most people consume is from processed foods. Indeed, there is far too much sodium in processed foods. But you shouldn't be eating those foods anyway—sodium is just one of MANY ingredients in packaged foods that will adversely affect your health. The salt added to these convenience foods is mostly sodium—as opposed to natural salt, which is much lower in sodium. I'll be discussing more of the differences between natural and refined salt shortly.

[link to articles.mercola.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP