Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject A Strange BATMAN Painting @ the World's First Children's Museum in NYC
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I took my kids to this museum in Brooklyn yesterday. We took a break to eat upstairs at their cafe. From where I sat, I couldn't help but look up at this rather large painting that was prominently displayed up high and in the middle of cafe area.

Here's a closeup of the painting and the cafe:

[link to www.pixhost.org]

It irked me to see that it was a painting of BATMAN...first thought was WHY is it here in a children's museum? There was nothing else displayed around the painting.

I found this link to an event that happened THREE WEEKS BEFORE the Aurora shooting, when they celebrated superheros like Superman and BATMAN:

[link to www.brooklynkids.org]

It's a very nice museum...kind of like a branch off the MET museum in Manhattan for the kids. I visit the museum maybe 2-3 times a year. The last time was last August but I didn't notice the painting up there back then.

I should've asked an employee there yesterday but I was too distracted.

Anyway, here's a tidbit about the museum's history that I thought was really interesting:

The Brooklyn Children's Museum is a general purpose museum in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York City. Founded in 1899, it was the first museum in the United States and some believe, the world, to cater specifically to children and is unique in its location, predominantly a residential area. Housed in a multi-level underground gallery, the museum underwent an expansion and renovation to double its space, reopened on September 20, 2008, and became the first green museum in New York City.

The Museum was founded following a proposal from the Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences (now the Brooklyn Museum) on December 16, 1899 in the Adams House.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

With Sandy Hook in mind, the museum celebrated its 113th anniversary TWO DAYS AFTER the event.

So the number 112 comes to mind since it was still in its 112th year when the Sandy Hook ritual occurred oops2!

In connection with Hillary Clinton's 112 trips and the LAST New Pope to be the 112th, these are very strange dots to put together!

I will have to contact the museum and ask them about it tomorrow...hmm

Official website:
[link to www.brooklynkids.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP