Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject AWESOME post about stay at home moms vs feminists
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message From [link to themattwalshblog.com]

Email I received today:

"Matt, your insulting and negative comments vis a vis feminism were truly unenlightened. Feminists are heroes because they liberated women from the boring and slavish tasks of the home and freed her to discover her potential in the workforce instead of being just a wife and mother... The housewives who still choose to be servants in society rather than leaders are the real traitors to their gender. Will you please stop spreading your sexism and misogyny? It is quite tiresome."

- Jacob

Thanks, Jake. Hey by the way, do you know how I know you're a pretentious tool? You used the phrase "vis a vis". Do you know how I know you're a brainwashed Marxist fool? Everything else you said.

I could start with the fact that you called millions of women "traitors" and "servants" and then immediately followed it up by labeling ME a sexist. But that's too easy. You're a neo-liberal and therefore you contradict yourself 97 times a day. It comes with the territory. I don't need to harp on the point.

But let's get to the substance of your position, such as it was. You say women were "liberated" from the "boring" and "slavish" duties of the home. And where do you get your ideas of "the home"? Did you see the movie American Beauty and extrapolate your conclusions from there? See, Jake, people like you will dismiss wives and diminish mothers and after you're done flinging mud at them you return to your moral pedestal and continue to lecture about equality and fairness. You are the misogynist because when you look at a woman as she naturally is you see a slave. Personally, when I look at wives and mothers I see the most powerful beings in the universe. How ugly and shallow is your perspective of humanity that you would actually label the job of a mother as "boring". What, she needs to wear a pantsuit and sit in a cubicle to get your respect? If she's not a number on a payroll she's nothing to you? I don't understand your attitude. I think it's gross and stupid and also scary considering many modern people share it with you.

"Just" a wife and mother? "JUST"? So they JUST bring forth life into the universe and they JUST shape and mold and raise it? They JUST manage, direct and maintain the workings of a household while overseeing children who JUST rely on them for everything? They JUST teach their kids all things from morals to manners to hygiene and society would JUST fall apart if they failed at this? They are JUST a spiritual foundation for their husbands and the rock that the family is built upon? They are JUST everything, is that what you're saying? All of that is nothing compared to being in the magical workforce?

And speaking of the workforce, where do you get your idea of it? The Communist Manifesto? You think having a job is liberating? What freaking jobs have you had? Whatever it is, you are expendable. You are merely a number. You are a calculation. You are a servant. Jobs are necessary but they are not glorious or freeing. If your mother quit her job as mother, entire lives would be turned upside down and society would suffer. The ripples of that tragedy would be felt for generations. If she quit her job as a computer analyst, she'd be replaced in four days and nobody would care. Same goes for you and me. We have freedom and power in the home, not the office. What kind of zombies have we become that we can't see that?

A woman in an apron is a servant but in a name tag she's a queen? How ridiculous. Anyone who has a mother and who has worn a name tag knows the reality is the exact opposite. I know many mothers choose to work or are forced to by their financial situation. I understand that completely. But I hate the attitude our society has towards "stay at home" moms. It's a poison and it's killing us. Why is it that feminists invariably reject all things feminine? There is no more important job in existence than motherhood and it is a power accessible only to women. But feminists tell women to reject it and call the rejection "empowerment".

So in that sense, Jake, you are a true feminist. You are hostile toward and fearful of the true nature of women. Also, from your total lack of insight about females I have to assume you aren't married. And from your ridiculous mythologizing of the workforce I have to assume you've never worked. Finally, from your childish lack of appreciation for mothers I have to assume you're 9 years old.

On second thought, since you're 9 I guess it's good you don't have a job or a wife.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP