Users Online Now: 1,432 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 163,117
Pageviews Today: 302,945Threads Today: 153Posts Today: 2,326
03:26 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Seeing It Happening In Real Life Is Different Than Talking About It On GLP
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So around the corner from the neighborhood I live in is a small gun shop called Rattlesnake Police Supply. (not it's real name but close enough - the real name is the same as Az's baseball club)

Anyway, being I work as a doorman in a night club, I wanted to pick up a new flashlight to check IDs with. Something small but powerful.

When I get there, the parking lot is completely full so I park around the corner. On the front door is a big neon green sign proclaiming that "due to demand customers will be limited to three boxes of any one caliber of ammunition in a one day period".

I walk into the shop and it hit me - there had to be thirty-five people in there!!!

Now this place isn't very big. It's laid out like and "L" with handguns, ammunition, and tactical gear in the east-west part of the building and the long guns in the smaller north-south part of the building.

The hand gun cases were about 75% empty and much more of the ammo shelves and bins were empty. There was no .223 or 7.62 at all. Some .40, .357, .38, 9mm but not much. A gold plated Desert Eagle caught my eye.

In the long gun section, there are about 25 positions on the east and west wall where various calibers and configurations of rifles hang on display. There were 6 high-end weapons on the east wall and 5 on the west.

That's when I got to talking to a fellow who recognized me from working the gun shows. (I was selling t-shirts and survival gear at the local shows up until about 6 months ago when the shoppers started getting serious about their firearms purchases and the money dried up for the "feel-good" things.)

The guy (we'll call him Greg because that's his real name) starts telling me how good business was because of the 12/21 crap... then obama got re-elected and that's when it really took off.

I asked him why he thought that was and he looked at me and grinned. "Protection from roving marauders and the clinically dead."

The conversation turned much more serious after that and the man extended an invitation to me to join his prepper group. Southern Arizona Preppers.

Their next meeting is March 14th, and the topic of the seminal will be "Water procurement and purification."

I signed up immediately when I got home on their website and saw that 55 other had already RSVP'd.

After talking with Greg for another 20 minutes, I made my purchase (two flashlights because I thought the wifey-poo should have one too) I left the building and had to sit in my car for a minute.

After mulling over our conversation and said aloud "The shit suddenly got a whole lot more real."

Do yourself a favor. Stop by your local gun shop and check this out for yourself.

It's getting thick.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP