Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Transcendental Meditation from one insider's point of view
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Preface to GLP, part 1, from ehecatl-

Last night on chat someone (abhi?), asked about the Transcendental Meditation mantras, so the purpose of this thread is to share freely what knowledge I can about that technique.

I rarely ever have paid money for knowledge and in the case of TM I first learned it at the age of 16 and continued learn more and participate more by working on staff, rather than through paying money, and became ever more involved in the center of that organization until the mid-1980’s approximately to where I continued to meditate but have had few contacts with the cult.

In terms of experience the meditation technique has brought me countless times to the most complete transcendence where one looses all awareness of self, time and space, and only “awakens” to their body at some undetermined time and place, to once more become associated with a particular body and package of memories, which is what we normally call waking consciousness.

Some of the most powerful experiences I have had have come from meditating in a group, and during the years that I was living at the center of the organization in Fairfield Iowa, which would often be sessions with many thousands of advanced practitioners meditating at the same time. This abstract meditation practice is even noticeably more profound when meditating in small groups.

I have also found certain geographic locations may also be conducive to levels of transcendence that might otherwise only be experienced through group meditations. But these are often not locations that a person would expect from a human point of view, but are often locations which would be overlooked by the typical conscious mind.

I have also had spontaneous pure and profound experiences, mostly while in the group environment; of things I only found out later were the hallmarks of the unfolding and awaking of the kundalini energy, such as “The Blue Pearl”. But that real experience only comes of itself when the nervous system is ready and approaches like some sort of cosmic freight train, and in my case was accompanied by purely lucid and aware dreams.

The TM organization is powerful, with deep roots, and probably like some of the other larger cult groups, does have some true knowledge that works at it's core, which shills from that same group or others desire to obscure, so I will try to answer useful questions, but will avoid shill activity, by not pinning this thread for one thing.

But this is quite a lot of material I need to present, so I will need to break this up into various posts, and you should take the time to try to understand each of my posts before moving on to the next.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP