Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject ethanol gas to power back up generators ( Disscution) PREPPERS
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Let us pretend for this discussion the SHTF has indeed happened. Natural Gas is shut down ( I have a tri fuel Generator) Gas stations are dry, and propane is unavailable.

It is a fairly easy process to get a permit to produce ethanol gas at home. and its a free permit as far as i know. It is Illegal to operate a still without one. ( that being said)

For this discussion total collapse has occurred and you need power. the emergency broadcast system has stated that electric power will be restored soon in a rolling system that will give each home power for 6 hours per day. ( they have said this for two weeks now and your confidence is fading.)

OK THEN : i'v been researching ethanol and wood gas alternatives.

the ease of producing ethanol has peaked my interest. the question i bring to my fellow GLP'ers is this. have any of you blown up your generator ( ouch ) using this fuel or do you have some success story's and tips , tricks to share with me and this forum's prepared minded community ?

before i go head strong into making a prototype and spending hard earned coin on this. i need more experiences to read and i'v been reading alot. most sites are talking E85 and thats fine but when there's no 15% gas to add to ethanol will it work on E100 for lack of a better term.?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP