Users Online Now: 2,353 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 852,996
Pageviews Today: 1,414,693Threads Today: 582Posts Today: 9,986
02:24 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What tree do you want to be reborn as?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I never liked the idea of being buried at a cemetery with the normal tombstone deal. It is just a waste of money and a selfish way to be remembered in my opinion. My wishes have always been to be cremated and dispersed into the wind on the top of Mt. Katahdin in Maine. That mountain holds special meaning to me and I like the idea of having people climb it to attend my death party. That is the picture I want people to see in there minds when they think of me after I am dead.

I came across this company that will turn your ashes into a biodegradable urn made from coconut shell, compacted peat and cellulose and inside it contains the seed of a tree.

[link to bigthink.com]

I think that this is an awesome idea. Not only does your body become another form of life, but you also get to choose what tree you grow into and where you want to be planted.

So my question to you is what kind of tree do you want to be reborn as and why?

redwood and live forever?
apple tree so you could feed people?
oak tree so your strong and make good furniture?
red Cedar tree so you smell great forever?

And where would you want to be planted at and why?

By the beach so you could always smell the ocean?
In your backyard so your family could see you often?
In a local park so many others would enjoy watching you grow up?
on a little island in the middle of a pond so you could live alone and undisturbed?

happy tree
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP