Users Online Now: 1,433 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 458,018
Pageviews Today: 599,210Threads Today: 186Posts Today: 2,533
05:16 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Your God verses My God; the differences between us......
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was born in 1962 in what is known as the Bible belt. Northern Arkansas. Baptist, Church of Christ, Church of God,
Pentecostal, Lutherian, and many others.

However, I did attend a mostly Southern Baptist church where "crowns of gold" were achieved by deeds, and where brimstone and fire were taught to be reserved for those how did not acquire the "crowns of gold".

During my lifetime I have secretly stolen things from those I say I love. I have secretly given to those I say I do not love. I have befriended people by deceit. Deceitfully I have disowned people that have done me no wrong.

I have stolen things which to I had no ownership.

I have given things of which I had no ownership.

I have also given things of which I had complete ownership.

I have shown love to things that do not require love.

I have shown hate to people and institutions that do not require emotion at all to exist.

I have trampled on individuals views, opinions and reputations, simply because I did not agree with them.

I have taken into to my own hands things that never required my touch.

Lives have been in my hand, at times I failed.

There is not one basic commandment that I have not breached.

I believe my sins are covered in one verse of the Bible which states...."all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God".

It is also my belief that we as a whole are not required to believe in the same principles that determined whether My God and Your God connect US has companions. Moreover, I believe that it is the result of our differences that require that one unified God govern all our differences.

My God does not require, nor expects perfection, my God does not demand respect. Nor does my God base faith, belief and submission on the amount of fear that destruction envokes. My God does not count on humanity to be civil, nor does my God expect humans to be cruel.

My God has no expectations to be met.

My God has blessing to be heaped up onto those who make it through the process of being human.

My God does not hate me when I hate.

My God does not love me when I love.

My God does not see me for what I was. My God sees me for what I became, and in the end for what I am.

Not that I believe every passage in the Bible...frankly, I do not...I believe in the message, but not the hands of those responsible in the final words we read in hopes that THIS is the true and final word of God.

I am not a fool. Man manipulates for his own good. The "written" word of God will be no exception. A dollar is a dollar. (You know what I mean).

No, I am far from perfect. My mythical upbringing of God is nothing short of fairy tale beliefs such as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.

Yet, the concept of God, of a Higher Entity, is always there. Because I expect death? Because I want to be more than a period of time on earth? What is it that drives me to even consider that something ELSE is in play here? And why? What is the point? What is the end game?

Mathematicians from creation to doomsday ponder equations simply because when one ideal is contrary to another it creates division which upon itself is just another form of mathematics. Everything from birth to death begs the question of why....thus equations are born to provide the answers.

The stars can not simply be a sight for our eyes.

The majestic universe can not simply be to invoke our thoughts and induce a belief system.

Learning and understanding our own minds through trial and error surely does not inspire thoughts of a genius beyond us.

Surely we are not so simple.

Surely My God is not so simple.

Life is more....therefore, if God exist, God must be more.

"I have fallen into a pit from which there is no escape, whom except my creator can rescue me?

"I have climbed upon the highest mountain, unto it's highest peak, yet I do not see God." "From here where to I go to find my Lord."

My God exist because I chose for my God to exist. My God can and will work miracles because I believe my God can and will.

You may ask me if my God and the God of Moses is the same God....I don't know...I have yet to speak with both at the same time. But I believe if Moses has the same God I have then Moses was short changed. Moses did not have enough faith. My God is ALL. My God created the Heavens and the Earth....My GOD DIRECTED AND DELIVERED MOSES and his people.

MY God is STRONGER NOW THAN EVER BEFORE.

My God will comfort me in times of trouble. My God will give me direction and care.

It is up to me to listen and learn and do.

What does your God got?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP