Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Subway Sandwich Deception
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message We are all aware of Jared's incredible transformation from "blimptom" to normalcy by eating Subway sandwiches and the resulting "Eat Fresh" slogan that put Subway on the top of the map.

Being a vegan, I only ate a foot-long Veggie, no mayo or cheese, with mustard and some oil and vinegar, on toasted whole wheat. When they offered avocado I got a bit skeptical because when Quiznos added avocado it was a paste and not what I had hoped.

So, one day at my local Subway, I asked the woman behind the counter if the avocado was fresh. Her reply, and I really appreciated her honesty despite her lack of marketing skills, was, "Yes, we opened the can this morning."

That got me to thinking, "what else?"

I have come to learn that every one of their "6 grams or less" items contains preservatives to keep it, if you will pardon the expression, "fresh."

Okay, they make the sandwich in front of you, but behind the scenes they get boxes of already cut up and pre-packaged processed foods, with chemical additives, that are shipped from Big Food factories to all their locations.

Did you know that the 9-grain whole wheat bread that looks and smells freshly baked contains around 50 ingredients including refined flour, conditioners, MSG, refined sugar and more? Me either! How can a bread so processed ever come close to being a real food?

Did you ever hear of a chemical ingredient called azodicarbonamide? Me either. It's banned as a food additive in the U.K., Europe, and Australia. But not at Subway. Interestingly enough, if you get caught using it in Singapore you get up to 15 years in prison and a fine of $450,000.

Learn more: [link to www.naturalnews.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP