Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 341 Ilernoceh
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Ancestors speak through us, the wings of our breath, our thought memes.

Lucumi means Our Friends.

African Traditional Religion is a complete misnomer, correctly put this term is used to describe Diasporic African based Native Traditions. In the beginning, underneah a world of Islamic and Roman Catholic world conquest, there was a great series of Moorish, non Ethopian kingdoms, one being known now to the world as Yorubaland. This kingdom which was established in the in the 12th century AD, stemming back to sometime in the first millenium AD, supposedly around the egyptian diaspora known in hebrew as the exodus. Around the seventeenth century AD, Oyo became the dominant political and military force of this conglomerated population, and the Oral Traditions of the Yoruba center around this period in history. The third Alafin, or King, of yorubaland was Shango. He was said to have power and control over lightning and thunder. It was this King who led military conquests which brought the wealth that made his Kingdom last until today. Upon his death, he was deified, and to this day, initiation into the mysteries of the forces of thunder and kingship are done in his name. It is from this third King of Yorubaland that we get the nemes of the god Sango, and the goddesses Oya, Oshun, and Oba, his wives and concubines. Each of these royal personages was elevated to godhood status, and the calibration and reframing of ones higher self to any of the forces of nature which they are given reign over is done in the name and with the authority of this warlord king. The Lucumi branch of this traditional belief system stems from the kingdom of Oyo through, into cuba and experiences change during the bay of pigs scare. That year, the year that Castro took control of cuba, the Lucumi priesthood divined that they would have to do a ceremony, wherin one of the priests would die. This is called the Olokun Dance. In refusing to dance, it is said that the priests allowed the island to be taken, and shortly therafter another diaspora happened, where some Havana bred city priests who didnt like the Castro regieme, as well as Matanzas based, country groups with the same issues chose to both legally and illeagaly make way into the major metropolitan areas of L.A., Miami, and New York. My own previous lineage, Coral, accepted the payment required for priesthood to initiate my priest of Obtala, B. Stuart Meyers, Ocha Ni Lele, who is really Eguin Lade, Ogunda Ogbe, Obatala Obanla and Esu Aye, after he published the secret matters of the divination system with no liscence, having spent years studying with a lover priest in Michagan. I only recieved my warriors, but was allowed to move into this priests house. The circumsance of this was my finding an ad on Craigslist.org, where he posted as a lonley man seeking male friendship at a negotiable rent, somebody who could walk his puppy, and help keep his house clean. He had just had his first Ocha canceled, the catholic syncrenysed initiation ceremony into La Regla de Ocha. I planned to have moved into this godsons neihborhood to study, and be with him on his new path in love with Ori Sa, and when he cancelled and was ostracised, I decided to move into my teachers area, to study directly with him. Though some have alleged and believe that this priest has attempted to seduce two of his students I never experinced that, or felt inthe lest sexually uncomfortable, understand. The only serious fault I have with him was that through divination and carelessness, he put my entire history of abuse into question, from an authoritative perspective. One day I went for a first time , what I took as a novelty shell based fortune telling, and was asked to initiate, and offered death as an alternative. I was just a hurt, stupid kid and this is my truth.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP