Users Online Now: 2,264 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 977,423
Pageviews Today: 1,939,181Threads Today: 822Posts Today: 16,969
09:27 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Beware of This Computer Scam! You Will Have Personal Information Stolen!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I got a call from

(456)-985-3896

I dont know where these people are located... they sound like they hail from India... but have more of a "bite" to their accent... their english is decent... anyways...

They called from "Windows Operating System" (that was their claim, I instantly knew this was a scam...)

He tells me I have a virus on my computer. They can tell this from my internet usage...

I proceeded to tell him in the best Dr.Acula accent I can muster:

"All my computers were monitored closely and they are 100% virus free."

He then asks me to turn my computer on and give him access to it and he will show me the viruses I dont know about...

I then told him I work in IT and know how to secure my systems... (I used to, not anymore, he didnt know that)

he then begins this panic like mumbling:
"oh sir, yes sir, uhhhhh, yes I... oh... As you wish sir."

I was nice and said

"Thank you for your scam attempt, may you rot in Hell" and I hung up...

Well I have two phone lines... a few minutes later I get a call on the 2nd phone from the same people...

Its "Mike" from 'Windows Operating System, a free service offered for users of windows' jerkit

Once more in my best Dr.Acula accent I told "Mike" that I just received a call from them... and I was on to their lil scam...

He was like... "uhhh no this is no scam... it is a free service, blah blah"

I told them i didnt want them to have access to my computer to install malware that will mine my information...

Mike says "No, no, no no scam"

Acula says "Yes, yes, yes yes credit card stealing scammers... I will tell everyone I know about your little scam, Im onto you boy"

He told me "Good Luck with that" and hung up...

Well Mike... FUCK YOU, I'm a man of my word...

GLP if you get a call from that number or any asshole who wants control of your computer... DO NOT let those bastards have access to your computer!

alright a bit of information about the area code (456)

Area code 456 is a non-geographic area code used to route inbound calls from locations outside the North American Numbering Plan Area to specific carriers for carrier-specific services.
 Quoting: Wikipedia: [link to en.wikipedia.org]

So yes it is a foreign scam outfit...

I googled the number and found some comments that people left on another site that confirms this is a scam...

So once again "Mike" you scamming bastard...
thanks for the wishes of 'Good-Luck'... I have now successfully told everyone I know thumbs

oh I even used the 4 leaf clover looking thingy as my thread icon in honor of you... for 'Good Luck'

cruise

EDIT: some good advice from a member on how to report scams

Thanks for the heads up, OP. If you haven't already, I would suggest submitting a complaint report to the FTC as well.
They are currently in the process of investigating various fraud groups at moment.

Submit your report here:
[link to www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov (secure)]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26006802

More info for you, OP (and anyone else who may be a target/victim of fraud). You can also report fraud at your State Attorney Generals office (some states have online filing).

After a quick search I found this website with basic contact info per state, or you could just search your state office yourself.
[link to www.consumerfraudreporting.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26006802

Thank you AC6802! cheers
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP