Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Interest Rate Hike Tomorrow?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I run a mortgage brokerage (The housing bust was the banks' fault for creating those stupid-ass loans and the government's for forcing us all to make them, so back off with your shots at the little guys. That's not what this is about).

Anyway, I got a pretty panicked call from one of my investors, a large West Coast wholesale lender, about an hour ago imploring me to lock all of my loans immediately because they anticipate a "significant rate hike" tomorrow, and when I asked if it was tied to the recent Cyprus unpleasantness, my account manager said he thinks so, but nobody told him exactly why.

My question is: Bernanke has said, on many occasions, he has no plans to raise rates anytime soon, and as we have seen mentioned, ad nauseum, for at least a couple years, to raise rates right now would be shooting our economy in the head. Did Cyprus change the game? I just can't see the Fed raising rates right now. Could this mess rock the market so much that rates float up on their own?

I'm about as panicked as I can be, after 5 years of watching this stuff every day, which is not very panicked given all the false starts, about the possibilities of Cyprus kicking off the derivative bomb we've all been looking for, but I have a hard time seeing our domestic interest rates going up much anytime soon.

What do y'all think?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP