Users Online Now: 2,151 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,178,090
Pageviews Today: 1,648,940Threads Today: 454Posts Today: 8,236
01:26 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 'The Walking Dead' Season 3 Episode 14 Review: TWD gives us tension and terror
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Sunday night’s episode of AMC’s The Walking Dead reminded me a bit of The Night of the Hunter, the 1955 thriller starring Robert Mitchum in the role of the Reverend Harry Powell, a serial killer and con-man.

Something about The Governor’s whistling during his pursuit of Andrea reminded me of Mitchum’s performance in that movie.

I can’t help but think it was intentional.

In fact, I’d say that The Governor looks like something of a cross between Mitchum and Rooster Cogburn in this episode.

Yes, there were some weird plot twists that defy plausibility.

That The Governor was able to so easily find Andrea first in the field and then later in the exact building she was hiding in failed to pass the sniff test.

That Tyreese, an obviously good guy, would be so easily taken in by The Governor after everything is also a bit hard to believe; that he would first let Andrea go and then snitch on her seems a bit odd also.

Finally, after facing off some twenty zombies all at once, The Governor is still able to catch up with Andrea (who apparently didn’t bother to take the truck or at least sabotage it when she had the chance) just as she gets to the prison.

All of this is a bit much to stomach, honestly, though I did like how they tied Rick’s visions into that scene. Fortunately, the episode has some great drama and tension that makes the implausibility somewhat more palatable.

Con't @ [link to www.forbes.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP