Users Online Now: 2,033 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 929,581
Pageviews Today: 1,693,828Threads Today: 553Posts Today: 12,348
04:44 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How do you get over abandonment issues? I have problems where I can't move on. I make things awkward with guys all the time.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have so many problems. I am sorry I am coming here, but I like the responses. They are most brutally honest.

I realize I might have abandonment issues. Any time a guy will show signs he likes me, I shut down. I shy up. I can't even initiate a hi to him. Is this normal? Usually, I notice he becomes attracted to me, will try to talk to me more, and I tend to shy up even more. Then the guy will stop trying, thinking I'm not interested, when I am. I sick of being in this torture cell. I feel really dumb.

Maybe the guy doesn't like me enough to do anything, so maybe it's in my head they even like me. I get with bouts of self doubt. I hate how I shut down around guys who seem to like me, and I can't shown it back. It makes me feel really dumb.

I am 29, I shouldn't be like this. I really like this new guy, and I have made it become really awkward. He used to joke and sing to me, now I feel like I screwed it up, and it's awkward and tension. We look at each other, I catch him looking a lot, but he stopped talking more b/c I would shut down. I feel so stupid.

I am praying for help.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP