Users Online Now: 2,083 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 949,008
Pageviews Today: 1,693,297Threads Today: 726Posts Today: 12,847
07:12 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject "An event unprecedented in human history is today" - Methane gas at record highs
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Abrupt climate change just around the corner peeps. Looks like the whole Arctic ice sheet is on the move and breaking up early:

March 22, 2013 video of Arctic ice breaking, cracks and on the move: [link to youtu.be]

Paul Beckwith, climatologist studying abrupt climate change: "For the record; I do not think that any sea ice will survive this summer. An event unprecedented in human history is today, this very moment, transpiring in the Arctic Ocean. The cracks in the sea ice that I reported on my Sierra Club Canada blog and elsewhere over the last several days have spread and at this moment the entire sea ice sheet (or about 99% of it) covering the Arctic Ocean is on the move. Clockwise. The ice is thin, and slushy, and breaking apart."

Beckwith goes on to say, "This is abrupt climate change in real-time. Humans have benefited greatly from a stable climate for the last 11,000 years or roughly 400 generations. Not any more. We now face an angry climate. One that we have poked in the eye with our fossil fuel stick and awakened. And now we must deal with the consequences. We must set aside our differences and prepare for what we can no longer avoid. And that is massive disruption to our civilizations."

(from Part-time professor and climatologist Paul Beckwith)

Record Methane in Arctic early March 2013:

"Methane levels for this period are at record highs in the Barents and Norwegian Seas, i.e. the highest levels ever recorded by IASI, which is is short for Infrared Atmospheric Sounding Interferometer, a Fourier transform spectrometer on board the European EUMETSAT Metop satellite that has supplied data since 2007."
[link to arctic-news.blogspot.co.uk]

"This has the potential to release vast quantities of methane trapped by ice below the surface - billions of tonnes of methane. World-wide, peat bogs store at least two trillion tons of CO2. This is equivalent to a century of emissions from fossil fuels."
[link to www.examiner.com]

This my friend, is the REAL REASON DHS ordered all those bullets. We are living on our own self-induced asteroid. Don't need to worry about what's incoming but rather what we are currently standing on.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP