Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What do YOU think is up?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message These shenanigans have been going on for awhile. The only logical explanation that I can come up with is Kim Jong has a trick up his sleeve, and these threats are his bait.

Personally, I worry the whole thing is a big distraction. There is a larger entity that is working with North Korea. We have been distracted with the Middle East for quite some time now, and Kim Jong is throwing fuel on the fire.

Imagine this. He keeps these threats, increasing the magnitude of them every couple of days. The US has 3 options. Declare war (won't happen until something big occurs). Sit back and ignore it (we've been doing that for awhile now). Or respond and build establish military forces nearby NK for immediate response. This is the step the US is doing, and is probably the 'most popular' decision amongst civilians. North Korea is effectively forcing the military's hand with the escalating threats.

Now let's take a step backwards and think about NK's capabilities. There are, again, 2 scenarios I feel come to mind.

1. NK can strike the US homeland
2. NK can't strike the US homeland

Now, #1 is the obvious 'interesting' choice of the 2, considering NK's strength in their submarines. But I feel we'd be underestimating our navy too much by thinking they pose a serious threat. The whole "2 submarines have gone missing" thing just wreaks of hot media to me. Why the hell would a military reveal what they do or don't know about their enemy? It's plain stupid.. Why not advertise attack strategies on the news too while you're at it?

And if they do have ICBM's, again, I have a tremendous amount of faith in our military. I'm a strong believer that our military is 10 years more technologically advanced than what media is told. They've already displayed friggin' laser beams that can fry missiles well before they become problematic. It scares me to know where we are at right now, especially with the military's budget.

This leaves #2, NK CAN'T strike the US homeland. While this is the boring one, it intrigues me more of the 2 options. So why would NK be as hostile as they are if they can't strike us (besides fear-tactics)? As I have said before, they're forcing the US to call their bluffs to show the nation they have nothing to fear. To do this, the military must mobilize a good deal of forces to Guam, SK, etc. Mobilization is incredibly expensive. Add to the fact that we have forces on the other side of the world, and the $ adds up fast.

More interesting, it promotes our military to begin bunching up in locations that ARE within nuclear arms reach. If NK is truly as crazy as they're demonstrating, what better way to start a war than to rain hell upon as many armed forces as you can, before a true defense can get established. Send a few warheads at all of our bases in South Korea, Guam, Hawaii, etc. They may not have the brute force to match the US's military, but they can sure as west coast defenseless, opening the coast up for immediate attack from China (Russia?). This could smash us twice as hard, considering the major mobilization we'd send to Pacific, now providing a target for the Middle East.

Yes, it all sounds crazy. Maybe it is. But I cannot logically explain NK's threats other then mobilizing our forces within their reach.. And if that's what their goal is, we have much to be afraid of..

Your views?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP