Users Online Now: 2,120 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 823,489
Pageviews Today: 1,081,830Threads Today: 266Posts Today: 3,973
09:09 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Anyone else tired of listening to people's BS?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Sadly, I belong to the young generation of today, where growing up as fast as possible seems like the most important thing. It sickens me that little kids no more than 13 years old have sex. Heck, when I was 13 years old I still played with toys every now and then. I didn't have a problem acting my age because I'm not an adult yet and my responsibilites are few. I just didn't want to lose my childhood. Seriously, I had a blast around the age of 12 - 13 and I wouldn't want to change a minute of it.
But kids these days would rather drink alcohol and have sex when they should acting their age. Parents who let their 12 year old kids stay out longer than 9PM should not allowed to be parents.

But now back to my real purpose of this thread. I'm simply getting tired of people. Most of them anyway. I was riding the train a few months ago and the first conversation I picked up were two young girls openly discussing a threesome. They didn't care other people were on the train to listen to their BS. Another conversation I overheard was when the train made a stop and a girl around the age of 20 sat next to a complete stranger. The stranger was also around the same age. The girl talked to this stranger for 30 minutes, I kid you not. The problem was that she would never shut up. Not even 10 seconds of silence. I sat right in front of her and I nearly blew up. The stranger didn't respond to her very much. I guess she nearly blew up as well. I'm not the one to hate small chit-chat with strangers, it's rather nice. Some older people talk to me on the train as well and I like hearing their stories and whatnot but older people have more sense than talking for half an hour straight until they can't breathe anymore.

And this happens everywhere I go. I study at university and while I do enjoy my classmates because all of them are friendly, I just wish they could shut up about their nonsense and talk about things that matter. I don't want to hear about a crazy party you were at last weekend. If you want to talk about stuff like that keep it short instead of bragging for 10 minutes straight and going into every last detail about the people who were there and who did what and who didn't. Shut up about it already. What's up with people looking for acknowledgement anyway? Everywhere on FaceBook people talk about crap and upload 500 pictures from one single party. I can't take it anymore. I never had a FaceBook account and I never will.
The thing about people on FaceBook, they act like their life is so full and rich when in reality their life is bland and meaningless.

My classmates thinks it's okay to talk about their sex life. I seriously don't want to hear anything about it. It disgusts me that women believes that most men who they had sex with, really cares about them. I know this girl, she's pretty but not what you would consider "hot". She's had a lot of sex with really good looking men who are way out of her league. After a one night stand she complains that these men won't return her calls. I don't have the guts to tell her that these men are out of her league and are only using her for sex. She diss average looking guys because she now believes she can get a real good looker when she in reality wouldn't stand a chance to get into a relationship with really good looking men. She's dumb like that.

Back in high school my Swedish teacher gave us an assignment to look at some things critically. She chose conspiracy theories and we were given a list of popular conspiracies such as the JFK shooting and WTC. Later in class we had a discussion and all my classmates including my teacher said conspiracy theorists are paranoid and don't look at things critically. That's the moment I finally had enough of people's bullshit. Ever since I can't stand talking to people. I decided I had to step up and shut my teacher up. I told her what in the hell she knows about critical thinking. Do you think mainstream media is the absolute source of information where no claims are wrong. 'Well, not all of it' she said. 'So shut the hell up with your "critical thinking" skills because you don't know a damn thing about anything in life if you read the newspaper and swallow every bit of information in it. Needless to say my teacher and my classmates were stumped and didn't say a damn thing.

I feel like a bit of a loner sometimes. I have a very good friend whom I unfortunately don't see very much. When we hang out it's like our conversations are so rich and we discuss everything there is to discuss. Then some friend sees us and walks up to us to talk about the latest party he was at and how much alcohol he drank. The IQ level in our discussion quickly dropped by 100% until both me and my friend cringed looking for an opportunity to leave.
"I drank so much alcohol that you wouldn't believe" he said.
Yeah that's real smart. Eventually you'll drink yourself to death dumb moron.

The things people do today, it doesn't matter. The party you were at won't matter in the end. Sure you probably had a good time but I would never drink alcohol in huge amounts. I rather dance all night and have fun. I'd rather climb a mountain and sit all day long looking at the view and be amazed of the world God created for us. All the money you have in the world, all the latest techno gizmo crap and all the cars you will have... they will not be next to you on your deathbed. The things that matters in life will be there. Your wife, kids, close friends etc etc. You can not take your Mercedes with you after you die. The materialistic things will mean nothing when your physical body dies. So what's the deal with people aquiring materialistic things like it matters? Now, I own a BMW myself and a few gizmo's but these things are not my priority in life. I have it because it makes it easier in life. I'm not going to upgrade my tech gears as soon as a new version is on the market. I will upgrade it when it's broke.

The pursue of materialistic things is a topic I will write about at university. I study criminology and my hypothesis is that a rising trend of pursuing materialistic things is the result of a higher crime rate along with a few other factors in play such as low social bonds. You go 50 years back and people were less inclined to buy the latest shoes and clothes. But today we're being bombarded by ads and media that this cellphone is better than this, buy it! With a low income and pressure from society, this could fairly well lead to a higher crime rate so people who normally can't afford expensive stuff will commit crimes to pay for his Nike Airmax so he can wear it amongst his friend.

Anyway, this was a long read. If you made it this far I congratulate you. You may think that even my text was a bunch of BS but each to his own I guess. I just wanted to vent my frustration over the BS I see each and every day.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP