Users Online Now: 2,040 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 924,658
Pageviews Today: 1,681,983Threads Today: 550Posts Today: 12,200
04:36 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Christians, Why hate Homosexuals? Are you any different?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My country has been in the news for wanting to kill homosexuals. The facts are:

1) A single Member of Parliament drafted a Private Member's Bill that called for all manner of things against homosexuals. It isn't a government position.

2) Most Ugandans could care less about this Bill or about who is homosexual since it doesn't affect their daily lives.

3) A certain group of homosexual organizations have taken it upon themselves to "educate" children here about the what, how and why of homosexuality. In response, certain Christian groups and parents have launched a counter campaign.

I'm hetero. I have a couple of homosexual friends. I don't really like to think about what they do and I'm not comfortable with tv series where men kiss men. Being a woman, I'm repelled by the idea that a woman will hit on me. So personally, I wouldn't tell my kids that homosexuality is an option.

Does that mean we should discriminate against them? Should we be bullying them? Are they morally bankrupt compared to heteros? I don't think so. Most rape, pedophelia and deviant non consensual sex is committed by heterosexuals. So if someone is gay or lesbian, it doesn't mean that they are automatically deviant. Judging by some people's hatred, you would think they have never met a gay man or lesbian. If you know any, you'd find that they are human beings like the rest of us. In fact, if you found your son is gay, you'd quickly discover that this is more complicated than simply labeling them deviant.

The only thing that points to homosexuality as being immoral is Religion. But it also states a number of things that are immoral but that we "allow" to happen. Adultery, fornication, lust, envy....you name it. Where do we get off "hating" homosexuals? How do we justify giving this "sin" more weight than the others? If the wages of sin...is death, then we are all doomed, homosexual or not. We are all sinners. How are we different from homosexuals?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP