Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Antichrist and the quantum
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Well, it will probably be a wall of text, but bare with me, because this is something worth reading.

It all started when I worked as a coroner, a while back. Its a horrible job, you see violence, sadness and sorrow in a daily basis. The thing is the type of people you know there. Believe me when I say it, really creepy people.
This one night, I was on my shift, it was about 3 a.m. when somebody knocked on the door. It was a shor man, dressing a fine suit and with a kind smile on his face. He introduced himself to me and asked to come in. No problem, he entered and sit in the reception. For a while, he didn't say anything, just looked at me, smiling. Then, just like that, he asked:
"Do you have any interest in the occult?"
I chuckle a little. He said he was darn serious and I asked:
"Well, why?"
Then he started to talk, prattle for so to speak:
"Well, you should. Even more doing the work you do. You are constantly being chased by beings beyond your imagination. They are with you all the time. When you go to work, home, when you're alone, all the time. Even now, right here, there are dozens of these beings watching us, studying us."
Studying us. I began to understand that he wasn't talking about the deceased ones lying there in the fridge, but something else.
Then he explained me, who he really were and what he was doing there.
"I am the 'social arm' of a cult unknown to most of the people, I'm part of the group called: The followers of Molock."
Great, I thought, another religious fanatic wanting to take pictures of the dead, I had several of these, almost every day.
He then started to explain me, what they did. Basically they worshiped a demon called "Molock", later on, I found out that he is even mentioned in the bible(bibletards, help me out here). He said that there is no difference in worshiping God or a fallen angel, they are basically the same thing.
I said he weill NOT be allowed inside the morgue, under any circumstance. He said that was not what he wanted, he was interested in the things I hear or see, that from now on, would start to get really "different", he emphasized that. Damn, I work as a coroner, I see strange things all the time, but somehow I felt that this time, it would be really different.
The man then left me a business card and took his way. I watched him walked by to his car, a white BMW.
In the card, there was only a name and a phone, nothing else.
A couple weeks passed and work was normal, nothing of the "really different" things he'd mentioned, but that man I couldn't forget. You know what I'm saying? Someone hard to forget, even after 5 minutes of talking.
One afternoon, work was crazy, there has been an accident and 4 bodies were in the line for examination, when I heard the doorbell. I took the intercom and told whoever was there to hold on. The camera wasn't working, so I couldn't see who was at the door.
About 10 minutes later I went up(after washing my hands, took the robe off...). At the door, again, the short man. This time, there was a girl and a tall woman with him. I asked what they wanted, because I was really busy.
He said it would take 2 minutes tops. Well, I let them in. The little girl, entered bouncing, like child do when they are happy, you know waving her dress and giggling. The tall woman was right behind the man, they both sat down. The woman sat down right beside him while the little girl was walking around, reading the papers in the walls(morgue rules and stuff). The woman bowed her head and started what sounded to me like a prayer, for like 30 seconds. When she finished, she looked at me and said:
"Are you busy this weekend?"
I find that an odd question, but answered: "No mam, I have no plans". I was a single guy, coroner and weirdo, not too much friends, so not much to do.
"Well", she said, "would you like to go with us in a trip? Its not far from here, and if you want you can go with your own car"
"Why not?" I replied smiling.
"Excelent, here is the address. Next saturday, 4p.m."
That was really weird, but there could be some chicks over there. The woman, looked like a goth girl, the only ones willing to hang around with coroners.
Since I'm not stupid, I told many civilian cops where I was going, so if anything happens with me, they will know where to start from onto looking after me.
Well, saturday came, I took my car and drove to the place in the card. It was the rural area of the town I used to live, I knew the country side well, but never ever noticed that place before.
It was some sort of a farm, altough I saw no crops whatsoever. There were many cars there, all expensive ones, I felt like sh*t with my old "Passat"(a popular car here in Brazil).
When I arrived, many people came at me, shake my hand, introducing themselves, you know, being friendly and saying hello to a newcomer, like in any church you visit. It was a warm reception, I have to admit.
A nice lady, asked me if I knew the place. When I said no, she offered to show me up the whole place. There was a kind of a big hall in the back, with tables with snacks and beverages, pictures of people in the walls, some older, some newer, like a memoir of old "leaders", you know the type.
I was there, sitting around, listening to that lady and wondering where all the chicks I fantasized would be there were. Like 5 or 6 of them, and not goths as I wondered.
It was when I felt a hand in my soulder. I looked back and there was the short man from the morgue.
"Glad you came! We are about to start! Come on!" I followed the man to another big hall. This one, very luxury, with fine marble in the floor and part of the wall, golden chaneliers in the roof, red curtains in the stained glass windows with drawings of symbols.
The man told me to sit, pointing me a chair in the back and told me to keep silence during the ceremony. The hall filled up with people quickly, including the tall woman and the little girl.
The whole "ceremony", took about 1 hour and a half, with preaching, quire and a atmosphere of deep respect.
After the whole thing finished, I waited patietly in sitting there till someone tell me what just happened. Again, the short man came(he was not the one preaching), along with the tall woman.
They took me to a small room, with some chairs and some boxes, and started to explain:
"What we do here is no different than what is done in any church. The difference is the objectivity. We know what we are doing and we know what it is for. We wait for the coming of the one you call antichrist."
"Yeah, right, you are some kind of religious people, just like any kind I've met, you don't fool me with this antichrist bs."
He smiled and said:
"What do you thinkg the antichrist is?"
"Well", I said, "its a man who will cause the end of the world..."
"...as we know it", he mended.
Then came the most incredible explanation ever:
"We are very exciting because of the latest science news. The one we are waiting for is not a man nor woman, not even a human being. We are waiting for 'someone not calved from a woman. We are waiting for someone that may not be a human for so to speak. The latest news we have is that the quantum technology is already around us and this is possibly the one we are waiting for."
So, basically, he said that the antichrist we all heard about, may not be a man, but a computer. If you look well, it makes total sense. I'll keep on the story along this thread, but now, think with me:
The quantum computer, is a super-powered computer, with processing capacity billions of times the best super computers we have today. With such a processing capacity, it won't be hard to simulate a human thinking, making it RATIONAL and therefore, an itelligent self-conscious being.
We, as humans, know our inferiority, we know our rational mind is not even close as fast or as precise as a computer can be. But so far, computers needed us to function well. Now, what if a computer, gains conscious? It will think like a person, will behave like a person, but will be able to "think" much further than an average person can. If there was such thing, it would "think" about mankind problems and people would hear it, people would believe that this new being is far superior from them, that it has the ability to calculate the best option for any kind of problem.

Now, I'll give it a rest, for you to read it and hear from you. I have more to tell you about this, the story didn't ended there, actually, it hasn't ended at all.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP