Users Online Now: 1,512 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 533,527
Pageviews Today: 684,521Threads Today: 195Posts Today: 2,369
06:01 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject This May Seem Silly Butt Is It Making Us Ill?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This May Seem Silly Butt Is It Making Us Ill?

O.K. now for some conspiratorial 411 from the kitchen. I recently bought some new glasses. The kind utilized for beverages. I had really thin-material ones and just don't like the potential hazards of those kind; So, I desired to seek out some thick decent ones. Wow, exiting isn't? Not really. So, what is the conspiracy you may be wondering?

I found a really nice looking set. One with an attractive pattern, which I felt would bend light in a unique way. I was very pleased with the design yet felt apprehensive on the purchase. Listening to my intuition, I wanted to open the package to see them first hand.

My company felt it was not appropriate and talked me out of it. I thought, "o.k." and made the decision to buy them going against my gut feelings. Upon getting them home and un-boxing them I immediately noticed the pattern was on the inside and not the outside of the glasses. I explained to def ears the oddness of all this. It was like talking to a wall. Possibly even an ashtray, lol, but I would not know first hand if you get my drift.

So here is the deal. It seems to me the pattern which is raised or maybe considered textured in some cases should be on the outside not the inside. See, it would provide a function, a utility, on the outside. Like Kung Fu Grip, so-to speak. Being on the inside it seems to do the same, but not in the same function nor utility benefit of holding the or gripping the glass. It seems to hold funk. Like mildew, dirt, grime, or what have you. Like a moldy lunch, this certainly cannot be good nor desirable. Is it to cause illness or did some designer get it backwards by accident?

Notes:
* I have since seen many patterns by the same and other manufactures that have the raised or textured design on the inside as apposed to the outside.
* A good test is to take a fork, a paper towel, and rubbing alcohol. Place a small amount of the rubbing-alcohol in the glass, and some on the paper towel. Then using the fork in combination with the paper towel rub the inside of the glass. Look at the paper towel to see what funk, if any, comes off.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP