Users Online Now: 2,138 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,536,423
Pageviews Today: 2,230,601Threads Today: 610Posts Today: 12,364
06:06 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Vet Is Coming Friday To Put Down My Dog..
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message While I agree with and stand by every single comment I have ever made here(EVERY ONE FOREVER!),I am in great distress because the Vet is coming tomorrow to put down a good good dog. I can't stand it.
His name is Jasper,aka Booby-boy, and he has been an excellent friend and protecter for 11 years. He is a Chow-Shepherd mix. When my grandbaby was little,he would cuddle up to her so gently. He never took to any men but would hide under the bed whenever one would come over.
He has lived his whole life with three generations of females...me,my daughter and my granddaughter.
He has had the best life we could give him...big yard,pool,toys,lots of 'good dogs' and lots of pets and hugs..

He had cancer surgery in late '08 for a mast tumor and subsequent chemo to the tune of $7000 but we were glad to be able to do it because,as I said,he is a good good dog.
He has been on Rimadyl and tramodal for years and those meds destroy the liver. They make him so constipated he can barely poop.
He has arthrites so bad that he sometimes gets' stuck' trying to walk...can't go forward,can't go backwards.
I love him so much but the look in his eyes is too much too much to bear.
I have to lift him in and out of the patio to pee and today I saw him pee himself because he just couldn't get up.
His back legs are worthless to him. He walks on his ankles in the back.He is about 60 piunds and I am 105#. I can't lift him in and out anymore. I'm older and afraid of having a heart attack.
It IS time but my heart breaks to let him go.

Ranting here,I know,but....he is so good. But he doesn't FEEL like a good dog anymore. You can see it in his eyes.
Thanks for listening.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP