Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Letter from the IRS
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So yesterday I had to sign for an IRS letter addressed to my girlfriend. I actually received one myself but didn't need to sign for it. This is the 2nd set of letters from the IRS that we have received in the last 6 weeks. It's funny, it seems like right after the "IRS is targeting people" story came out...2 days later we received our first letters.
Now I have received and seen my share of letters from the IRS, but the one for my gf was a bit different. Basically she has been found to owe $285 from 2008. Mine - $325 from 2010. But here is the strange part....on her letter (not on either of mine or her first letter) in big, bold lettering it states... "Intent to seize your property or rights to property". Now in the past, I have gotten a letter stating that I owe x amount from a previous year along with a payment envelope, but never anything about intent to seize property. I was shocked to see this "threat" on a letter for such a small amount. Fookin a'holes. How about going after the people that owe thousands and thousands of dollars...there are plenty of politicians to choose from. Tim Geithner comes to mind. Or maybe GE not paying a dime on billions in profit. Just pisses me off.

rant
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP