Users Online Now: 1,980 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 997,159
Pageviews Today: 1,729,614Threads Today: 672Posts Today: 13,202
06:56 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Russia is not, I repeat, not pulling out of Syria or abandoning the strategic naval port at Tartus
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Russia not withdrawing its base from Syria's Tartus -
[link to blogdogcicle.blogspot.ca]

Finally makes sense now, I was so incredibly baffled by the original story that they were pulling out completely, its a lot easier for me to believe it was blown out of proportion, no way Russia would abandon Tartus. No matter what any particular general says, or how many news outlet misconstrues facts, its been made clear for years now that the base at Tartus is essential to Russias navy and strategic deterrence.

Its the main reason Russia is so adoment on thwarting Natos war agenda in Syria.

This may be a case of information handed down and handed down and by the time we get the story the whole thing is muddled, suddenly "no military personel" becomes "russia has withdrawn its troops" and a general playing down the importance of the port by saying "port at tartus is not critical to russian navy" becomes "Russia abandons port at Tartus, announces it is unnecessary, and withdraws all forces from Syria"

Its fascinating seeing this happen live, this makes more sense now, im actually relieved. We will see many retractions and whatnot in the days to come.

Again I repeat, Russia is not abandoning Tartus or Syria.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP