Users Online Now: 2,196 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,336,631
Pageviews Today: 1,914,127Threads Today: 527Posts Today: 10,175
03:34 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Jesus was a human being like you and me, not the superhero who church wants you to believe.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The first sentence in the Gospel of Thomas is:

"These are the secret words which the living Jesus taught and which Judas Thomas Didymos wrote down."
 Quoting: Gospel of Thomas

What you discover as you read the Gospel of Thomas is that you and Jesus at a spiritual level are identical twins. And that you are the child of God just as he is. Jesus said:

"Whoever drinks from my mouth will become as I am, and I will become that person, and the mysteries will be revealed to him."
 Quoting: Gospel of Thomas

The Kingdom of God is already within you. You don't need to blindly follow any book or religion to achieve it.

"If those who lead you say to you, 'look, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds will get there first. If they say 'it's in the ocean,' then the fish will get there first. But the Kingdom of God is within you and outside of you. Once you come to know yourselves, you will become known. And you will know that it is you who are the children of the living father."
 Quoting: Gospel of Thomas (3)

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."
 Quoting: Golpes of Thomas (113)

Jesus is the Son of God in the same way that you and I are too. This is what the church and its variations do not want you to know.

Jesus said, "Let one who seeks not stop seeking until one finds. When one finds, one will be disturbed. When one is disturbed, one will be amazed, and will reign over all."
 Quoting: Gospel of Thomas (4)

Now you are able to understand why the church fought so hard to destroy this gospel... hmm
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP