Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Spiritual DANGERS of Marijuana / Cannabis use
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I just stumbled over a very important passage from the book "The Inner Guide Meditation" that I felt like sharing - and I agree 100% with this.

Excerpt from "The Inner Guide Meditation" by Edwin Steinbrecher

Marijuana seems to be the more insidious drug, because it is a drug that "lies" to the individual, telling the person's ego that his or her abilities to love and create are becoming greater, when, in fact, it takes away these abilities and replaces them with the illusion of having these increased abilities. The illusion is defended with a paranoid ego stance —"I'm right, and they're wrong," "Nobody really understands," "I'm surrounded by enemies" and the like.

If you regard the Cancer/Capricorn pole of a horoscope as aseesaw, marijuana smoking suppresses the Capricorn end, resulting in the Cancerian end raising too high and becoming unbalanced, the emotions go out of control, the personality becomes grandiose, all limits dissolve into the boundless, and the ego goes into a manic phase, often quite severe.

If a physician is consulted, he will often prescribe some mood balancing drug, through ignorance of the mechanics of the four-body system. This results first in stabilization, but then in increased desire or need for the marijuana, whichin turn produces depression, paranoia, exhaustion, fear, and guilt. Thus a classical manic-depressive syndrome is created and maintained until both drugs, the marijuana and the mood stabilizer, are no longer used and the four-body system returns to its own natural health and balance.

This is the seesaw effect often observed in marijuana users. It takes away the individual's ability to love and create —to do the work of his or her own heart center—and it substitutes the mind and rationalization in its place, sealing off spirit. It makes invisible to the ego the true purpose of the life, and it injures all those around the person, generally those who love the person most and are the closest (family, friends, lovers).

Marijuana also clogs the seven energy centers (or chakras) along the spine, so that awakening kundalini energy becomes quite dangerous to the individual's life or sanity. I find marijuana use deleterious, because it prevents a person from contacting the true Guide, but doesn't prevent contact with the archetypes and with false guides, which makes deep-level meditation dangerous.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP