Users Online Now: 1,772 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 468,539
Pageviews Today: 766,267Threads Today: 260Posts Today: 4,848
09:18 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Help please : Stress or early onset dementia (advice or experience please)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Over the last 4 months my mum has lost her husband and three sisters.

Myself and my 2 brothers are helping her as much as we can by either, being there, providing transport or going with her to all the legal appointments, or simply being on the end of the phone.

She has (understandably) been super stressed, confused and very sad.

Today she has been saying VERY worrying things. She took her grand daughter on a coach trip to the coast (church outing)

She kept sending all of us texts saying "6 pence to me"

To explain this in the UK we went decimal in 1971. I was only 2 years old when this happened so have NO real memory of the old UK pounds , shillings and pence.

When i collected her from church i asked her about the text and she insisted that my grandad (who has been dead over 2o years) had given me sixpence only last week !

I chose to smooth over this, just in order to get her home.

Confused and stressed I can understand but this 40 year leap into the past has me VERY worried.

Can any of you people help me?
I have read that people with senile dementia often go back to a past where they were happy.

PLEASE note. As a family we are lucky to all be in a situation where we can home, love and look after our mum.

I would be grateful if anyone caring for a relative with dementia could give us a heads up over how serious this is.

Many thanks
Sue
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP