Users Online Now: 2,085 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,853,625
Pageviews Today: 2,739,705Threads Today: 741Posts Today: 15,573
10:24 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sandy Hook: Just me, or do Newtown and state officials seem desperate to funnel money into town?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "After a House committee refused to allow a vote on a proposal to allow Sandy Hook Elementary School to apply for federal funds for construction, Rep. Elizabeth Esty took to social media, said she was "deeply disappointed" with the decision."

The state has already pledged $50 million to a new school. Why on earth do they need more money for this school, which is already grossly overpriced and is unnecessary in the first place? Columbine was not demolished and rebuilt, even though the areas in which dead and dying people lay were greater in number, and the number of children who saw these scenes was much higher. This is in contrast to Sandy Hook where the view of the deceased was so limited that literally only 12 children are listed as officially traumatized. I don't mean to denigrate anyone else who's traumatized, but Newtown's justification for building a brand new school is very hard to make, and the justification ofr it to cost $50 million is in my opinion impossible to make. To then ask the taxpayers for even more money for a voluntary decision made by one town is pretty off base, I think. So off base that the federal government and congress, who generally are striving to outdo each other in "pro Newtown" behavior, have turned down the request.

It could be a natural idea, to apply for federal money - but I can't shake the feeling that someone is desperate to funnel millions into Newtown to be quietly distributed to people as a way to convince them to withhold lawsuits.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP