Users Online Now: 1,632 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 296,949
Pageviews Today: 483,668Threads Today: 161Posts Today: 2,760
06:55 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Trayvon Martin's father tells congress son's long term legacy will be reconciliation
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to usnews.nbcnews.com]

"Tracy Martin told the panel that "we won't let this verdict sum up who Trayvon was."

"While "a lot will say nothing positive can come from death, I disagree," Martin said. "We're going to try to make sure that his name won't be dragged through the mud — that his legacy will be Trayvon helped bridge the gap of America."

I can only hope that the important issues will be addressed. I would be happy if black leaders were to do some good for a change instead of playing the blame game.

I feel for Mr. Martin in that he lost his son but I have to say, someone else's name was dragged through the mud far worse and so far no one has spoken up for him.

And for those of you intent on calling me a racist because I either am pro-Zimmerman or post threads relating to the case you are wrong. Just because I have an opinion contrary to yours and it isn't on the side you think it should be. You wont be able to find one derogatory racial thread made by me.

Also, the issue is still relevant, it's not yesterday's news. If you think this hasn't caused more racial tension you live under a rock somewhere.

Edited: Took out congressional, it looks stupid.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP